The Analyst Opportunity
Splash 4 Partners is looking for an Analyst to join its boutique management consultancy and diligence advisory practice. This role is for an integral part of the engagement team and is accountable for executing the secondary research portions of industry / commercial due diligence projects. These sections are critical in identifying key competitive themes and supporting the forecasting and qualitative research functions. This role is a great fit for those with a passion for competitive analysis, research, and being on the inside of the investment diligence process.
S4P works with private equity firms, middle market executives, healthcare systems, and lenders to make investment decisions, develop and execute growth strategies, identify acquisition targets, and enter new markets. The Analyst will be responsible for overseeing large sections of the secondary research process such as: reviewing SEC reports, locating and synthesizing industry reports/whitepapers, aggregating data from targeted web searches, report production, and advising clients of key findings. The Analyst will work out of the Richmond, Virginia office.
Our team works closely to deliver high touch services and actionable results to clients. The firm operates with a relatively flat hierarchy, giving team members the ability to own sections of each project, and further their professional development. For more about the firm, use your research skills and let us know what you find and why you want to work at Splash 4 Partners.
The analyst will work with and be trained by the principals in Richmond, Virginia. Firm engagements range from deep dive industry studies to long-term strategy creation for organizations. It is more important to be curious, driven, and detail orientated than it is to have a background in any particular subject area. The principals will provide hands on training and guidance to develop necessary business, industry, and financial acumen.
Skills (What you bring to the table):
· Strong secondary research methods
· Strong logic, analytic, and reasoning skills
· Asks good questions and not afraid to challenge, or be challenged
· An appreciation for process
· Pays close attention to detail
· Calm under pressure
· Takes ownership of assignments big and small
· Takes pride in work, constantly looks to improve their craft, and absorbs feedback
· Ability to communicate effectively (in writing, via phone, and in person) with a wide variety of individuals
Responsibilities (What you will be doing):
· Deep secondary research
· Competitive analysis
· Synthesis of large volumes of information into reports
· Work across functional areas to support quantitative forecasting and qualitative research efforts
· PowerPoint creation and formatting
· Data analysis
· Report writing and copy editing
· And more
How to Apply (Instructions on how to impress):
Email your resume and cover letter to jgrosshandler@splash4partners. Cover letters should be their own separate document from the resume. The cover letter should highlight who you are, why you are interested in working at S4P, and what makes you uniquely qualified. In the body of the email, please answer one odd and one even question from the list below with extreme brevity.
1. If you were given seven minutes to teach me something what would it be?
2. What is your favorite market failure?
3. What is at the top of your learner’s bucket list?
4. In six or seven sentences, pitch your favorite book or podcast.